A Banking Service Intern that exemplifies quality service standards while providing a variety of banking solutions and recommending and selling bank products and services.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for learning and providing exceptional customer service in accordance with Valley's mission statement. Ability to engage customers with friendly and professional service.
- Ability to learn baseline knowledge of all Bank products and services and have the ability to educate and demonstrate to customers on such; may work with others to cross sell various products and services.
- Ability to present a confident and professional demeanor to establish trust and knowledge from the customer.
- Participates in meetings with customers to analyze financial needs and maximize sales opportunities. Sells all bank products and assists with other service needs. (Opens new accounts, i.e. checking, savings, certificate of deposit and IRAs, discusses/sells loan products to existing and prospective customers.) and possesses knowledge of on-line banking and mobile banking abilities to promote and demonstrate to customers.
- Responsible for meeting customer expectations and achieving service quality standards.
- Ability to learn and perform all transactions required by a customer and use appropriate technology to provide services most effectively and efficiently. Maintain and balance a cash box.
- Ability to utilize technology such as Teller Scanning Equipment, Cash Recycling and Cash Dispensing machines and support customers in the use of Coin Machines.
- Ensures adequacy of Branch cash for daily transactions by assisting the branch staff in ordering and shipping currency and coin, and controlling and distributing cash to Tellers in prescribed limits.
- Complies with the Secure and First Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (S.A.F.E. Act) requirements and where applicable, registration requirements.
- Assists in community events (i.e.: Habitat for Humanity, etc.).