JCFS is looking to hire On Call Child Care Workers for our Residential Program located in West Rogers Park. On Call Child Care Workers work within a variety of our 5 group homes with youth whom have a variety of different challenges, including emotional and behavioral challenges, and developmental and intellectual disabilities.
These positions are flexible, with overnight, weekend, and evening shifts available.
- Following prescribed procedure, or by specific direction, cares for the basic physical and emotional needs of the children/youth living in the Group Home(s).
- Within defined structure provides interest and attention to each child/youth, and provides a mature, adult model with whom the clients can identify.
- Studies, learns and performs in accordance with the policies, standards, rules, regulations and procedures of the Agency and its primary regulatory bodies, i.e. the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services, Child Welfare League of America, The Council On Accreditation of Services for Families and Children.
- Participates in staff meetings and communicates with other members of the staff.
- Administers psychotropic and non-psychotropic medication as designated by the prescribing psychiatrist and/or physician.
- Will be willing and able to be exposed to and take care of residents who periodically are ill in the facility with the usual variety of childhood illnesses such as viruses, bacterial infections, and other communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Will be willing and able to perform a variety of tasks to ensure the safety of residents.
- Successfully complete training in Therapeutic Crisis Intervention (TCI); successfully complete all requirements to maintain certification in TCI.
- Effectively intervene in residents disruptive behavior, both verbal and physical; including using TCI prescribed methods to de-escalate critical situations.
- Will provide and bill for Medicaid services under Rule 132 as a Mental Health Professional or Rehabilitative Services Associate dependent on qualifications.
- Will be physically and mentally able to actively participate in a variety of activities with individual and groups of residents. These activities include sports and other forms of play, traveling with residents to a variety of sites at a variety of distances in the community using public transportation and other methods of transportation, preparing meals and snacks, and others.
JCFS is in the process of implementing the Sanctuary Model, an evidence-supported organizational approach for creating a safe environment for the children and families we serve and the staff who serve them. Sanctuary is a treatment and organizational model that is based on understanding trauma and the impact it has on the lives of people, and we seek staff to join us in our trauma informed approach to those we serve. For more information about the Sanctuary Model please visit http://www.sanctuaryweb.com/
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Service related field or a Bachelor's Degree in any field with at least 2 years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health setting or a High School Diploma or Certified GED with at least 5 years of supervised clinical experience in a mental health or human services
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Illinois Driver's license that is passable through DCFS standards (no suspensions in the last 3 years, no more than 2 moving violations within a 12 month period, no DUI's, reckless driving or homicide within the last 3 years, and must be able to certify that he/she has not through unlawful operation of a motor vehicle, caused an accident which resulted in death within the last 5 years).
Jewish Child and Family Services (JCFS) is committed to serving the needs of the diverse Chicago metropolitan area. JCFS is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to building a diverse workforce and positive working environment. Accredited by COA. Charter member of CWLA. Licensed by DCFS. A partner in serving our community, supported by the JUF/JFMC. (eoe/m/f/disabled).
JCFS offers an array of benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Pension, Flexible Spending Plans, Life Insurance, LTD, and ample vacation time.
Please visit us at http://www.jcfs.org
Follow us on Twitter! JCFSChicago
Follow us on Facebook! JCFS Chicago
JCFS/JVS Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.