Juniper Networks provides strategic solution development, integration, and deployment services to our customers through the Professional Services (PS) organization. The Professional Services Consultant is an experienced, knowledgeable trusted advisor to our customers. In this role the consultant will have the technical and project delivery experience to interact directly with Sales, and/or Customers to define the problem and tackle it by positioning Juniper recommended solutions. Excellent communication and technical skills will be required to maintain and develop customer relationships and to exceed customers' expectations. This role may require candidates to travel up to 50% of the time to the customer site for analysis, design and implementation of Juniper Networks solutions.
Location and Travel:
- Remote Worker with up to 50% travel as needed
- Preferred locations are Central and Eastern US with proximity to a major airport: CO (DIA), TX (DFW, HOU, AUS), NC (CLT, RDU), FL (MCO, MIA), VA/MD (IAD)
- The Professional Services Consultant will act as a Trusted Advisor to customers and assist with all phases of network development from planning and design to testing, validation, implementation, migration, operation, and optimization.
- The Professional Services Consultant will be a domain specialist for implementing Juniper Networks products and solutions with a strong emphasis on the Juniper Core and Edge Routing and Switching Portfolios.
- Work in a consultative manner to deliver Juniper PTX/MX/ACX Series Routers, QFX/EX Series Switches, JRR Route-Reflector Appliances, Mist AI and Cloud, Mist WAN Assurance, Session Smart Router (SSR), Paragon Automation> and other core products in customer projects.
- The Professional Services Consultant will travel up to 50% of their time and will occasionally have to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- The Professional Services Consultant will be constantly growing their realm of Juniper product experience.
- Engage with the technical community through industry events, web forums, and publications to share knowledge and voice support for Juniper's PS services and capabilities.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the customers' technical teams.
- The Professional Services Consultant will be encouraged to handle their own schedule and be able to work independently to satisfy multiple customer projects concurrently.
Skills and Experience:
- Education - BSEE, BSCS, or equivalent - preferred
- Industry Certifications - CISSP, CCIE or Juniper Network Certifications (JNCIS/JNCIP/JNCIE) strongly desired
- Minimum 6 years design, implementation, and operational experience in a medium to large-scale Telecomm or Cloud Service Provider infrastructures
- Proficient in common standard methodologies for routing and switching in Service Provider and large Enterprise environments
- Experience in large scale IP and Optical Transport Network solutions
- Hands-on configuration experience and operational knowledge of high-performance routers and switches used for WAN Access, WAN Core, DC Core, and Aggregation networks, preferably with Juniper PTX/MX/ACX Series Routers, QFX/EX Series Switches, JRR Route-Reflector Appliances, and SRX Gateways
- Experience with different Network Operating Systems (Junos, Cisco IOS/NX-OS, VyOS, SONIC), preferably Junos and SONIC
- Knowledge of both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols
- Experience in advanced networking technologies, switching and routing protocols (VLAN, MPLS, TCP-IP, OSPF, BGP, IGP, vRR, IP-VPN, EVPN, MCLAG, IP Fabrics, Multicast, QOS, Segment Routing, CGNAT, etc.)
- Experience with VPNs and the associated tunneling technologies and architectures (L2TP, IPSEC, GRE, L3-VPN)
- Experience and knowledge of encryption technologies with IPSEC, SSL, MAC-Sec
- Experience with different NAT features (Source, Destination, Static, CGN, NAT-PT)
- Experience with Linux Operating Systems and Networking
- Experience with all phases of network development, deployment, migrations, and operations, from planning and design to testing, validation, implementation, migration, operation, and optimization
- Experience with collecting client requirements and producing documentation required for project deliverables (high and low-level designs, test plans, implementation plans, migration plans, and knowledge transfer materials)
- Experience with solving failures and bugs found in the software, hardware, or in the design of network elements and reporting on them for accurate resolution
- Knowledge of network security concepts and principles
- Knowledge of Private, Public, and Hybrid clouds platforms (Amazon, Azure, Google) and connectivity
- The ability to read and interpret networking standards, customer specifications, and functional specifications is required
- Datacenter network design experience is helpful
- Prior experience with network automation is helpful
- Experience with Cloud and Orchestration technologies such as VMware vCenter, Red Hat OpenStack, or Red Hat Open Shift is desirable
- Experience with Virtualization/Hypervisor technologies such as KVM, ESXi, and HyperV is desirable
- Experience with the creation of NFV elements is desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required,
- The ability to optimally transfer knowledge to technical teams, both through formal training and informal communications is required
- Prior professional services or consulting experience is highly desirables
- Ability to work independently and lead multiple projects as required
- Proven experience as collaborative team-player
Juniper Networks is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.