Position Title: Finance Administrative Assistant and Operations Center Receptionist
Reports To (Title): Controller
Department: Accounting & Finance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose: The Finance Administrative Assistant and Operations Center Receptionist position is responsible for providing support to the Finance and Accounting management team including specific Accounting tasks related to vendor set-up and General Ledger entries. This position is also responsible for providing receptionist support for all departments located at the 220 Liberty Street Operations Center.
Scope and Direction:
Area of Responsibility: Administrative Support and Receptionist
Degree of Supervision Received (Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): Moderate
Degree of Supervision Given (None, Minimal, Moderate or Extensive): None
Essential Functions: The major duties of the job that constitute the fundamental tasks and or responsibilities of the position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
1. Greets, registers and verifies visitors and vendors, informs employees of visitor arrivals, issues visitor and temporary employee badges, and directs or escorts visitors/vendors to appropriate destination within building.
2. Answers and transfers phone calls, or relays messages to appropriate employees / departments.
3. Identifies and prepares building wide correspondence needed to address employee safety and security issues as well as other common information needed by all employees at location. Acts as primary contact person for building needs with the Ciminelli group.
4. Assists in the Accounts Payable process, establishing new approved vendors for all entities within the BankTel system in timely manner. Prints and distributes daily vendor and accounts payable reports from the BankTel system for all entities.
5. Picks up, sorts, prints and distributes daily reports as established for the Accounting, Finance and Loan Servicing departments.
6. Oversees building conference room schedules. Ensures that conference rooms are properly prepared and contain the requested equipment. May be required to order lunches as needed.
7. Picks up, sorts, date stamps and delivers incoming mail for the Accounting and Finance staff.
8. Monitors and orders supplies for the building and employees, including breakroom, coffee, cleaning and office items. Maintains and oversees the use of common employee space and appliances in an organized, safe and clean environment.
9. Assists with the keying of General Ledger entries for all entities, as directed by the Accounting supervisory staff.
10. Maintains the SharePoint document libraries and folders used for policies and procedures. Works with department managers to publish Board approved policies on StarNet in a timely manner.
11. Monitors, maintains and schedules storage box movement with vendor and department managers. Maintains the Accounting and Finance department list of on-site and off-site document retention records.
12. Develops and communicates ideas for building and employee events, coordinating with other departments as needed.
13. Demonstrates the standards and principles of the Five Star experience in every interaction with internal and external customers and associates. Incorporates the high-performance behaviors of teamwork, leading by example and service in every facet of work.
14. This job description is not exhaustive. The Finance Administrative Assistant and Operations Center Receptionist position may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Required: - High School diploma or equivalent
Preferred: - Certification or College degree in Business Administration or Accounting.
Required: - Years: 3+ Type: Accounting or Administrative Assistant experience
Preferred: - Years: 5+ Type: Accounting or Administrative Support experience
1. Ability to operate various types of office equipment, which includes but may not be limited to: telephone, copier, computer and fax machine
2. Intermediate level with all Microsoft Office applications including the ability to learn new and existing banking software
3. Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills in addition to excellent interpersonal skills for the ability to interact and work with all levels of staff and management in a tactful professional manner
5. Responds to requests for information in a timely and professional manner
6. Able to maintain strict confidentiality requirements at all times
7. Possess high level of attention to detail to ensure accuracy
1. Able to regularly sit for prolonged periods of time
2. Able to walk around inside the building
3. Extensive computer usage is required
4. Able to lift 25lbs
Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. We recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles and ensure that all other personnel actions are administered without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. Five Star Bank and affiliate companies are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants with disabilities to the full extent required by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you feel you need a reasonable accommodation pursuant to the ADA, you are encouraged to contact us at (585) 786-4344, (585) 498 - 7565 or (585) 786-1417.
Note: At a later stage in the application process, applicants may be required to provide information about their criminal conviction history, if any, and to authorize the procurement of a consumer report that will contain, among other things, information about criminal conviction history. Except as required by applicable law, past criminal convictions will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment, and Five Star Bank will only consider such history in accordance with applicable law. Please be advised, however, that federal law prohibits Five Star Bank from employing "any person who has been convicted of any criminal offense involving dishonesty or a breach of trust or money laundering, or has agreed to enter into a pretrial diversion or similar program in connection with a prosecution for such offense" unless the FDIC has provided prior written consent.